|Relatives|| Leonardo (brother)|
Splinter (adoptive father)
|First Appearance||Rise of the Turtles|
|Voiced By||Sean Astin|
While down in the sewers, Raph beat Donnie and then he fought Leo, (who beat Mikey in a fight before) and then won the training tournament by throwing Leo with his Sai. However, when Splinter congratulated them, Raph bragged about his win, which caused Splinter to hit a pressure point on his neck and forced him to compliment his brothers. The turtles are later seen eating a dish Mikey prepared called "Algae and Worms." After the meal, Splinter relays the story of how they were transformed (which is fairly different from the other origin stories told in the other series).
Fifteen years before the Rise of the Turtles , Part 1, the benevolent Hamato Yoshi purchased the four turtles. Yoshi came into contact with a rat and had to fight against a couple of Kraang . The aliens dropped their mutagen, causing the mutation of Yoshi and the turtles. Yoshi raised the turtles as his own children and continues to train them ninjutsu. Splinter agrees after some begging to let the turtles go to the surface. It is here that Raphael scares a pizza delivery guy, who speeds away on his motorcycle.
Raphael's character design was updated, giving him green eyes as well as a small, lightning shaped chip cut out of his plastron across his left shoulder. His shell shows distinct battle damage, and the tails of his mask are tattered and worn. On the new ninjaturtles.com, Raphael says that he usually uses his sai as a pair of pizza forks.
Always acting before he thinks things through, he is the muscle of the team. He is sarcastic, tough, and at times mean, but he is known to have a soft side when caring for his pet turtle Spike. It is also shown he cares for his brothers, mostly Mikey. As seen in N'ew girl in Town, Leo and Raph begin to argue, as usual. They decide that Raph will lead the team. During this, they battled Snakeweed. Mikey was injured during this. Raph said he froze up seeing Mikey like this. He told Splinter he needs Leo. He also said I don't mind risking my own life, but risking my brothers. This shows us how much he cares about his brothers.
Leonardo - Raphael considers Leonardo a suck up, especially towards Splinter. He believes that Leonardo is nothing more than a teacher's pet and doesn't deserve to be the leader of the hero four. Raphael has admitted that Leonardo is either as strong or stronger than him, as the two turtles regarded themselves as the "A Team". As his brother regulates as leader, Raphael is usually forced to respect him.
Donatello- Raph's second-youngest brother. He fights with Donnie the least, in physical terms, but in verbal terms, he makes fun of Donnie's intelligence and his huge crush on April a whole lot and tends to bully Donnie. However, they have compassion and have each other's backs during each fight.
Michelangelo- Raph's youngest brother. He hates the fact that Mikey always makes fun of his hotheadedness, and so in return, Raph tries beating him up to let out his anger, but when other people start beating up Mikey, Raph gets defensive and stands up for his little brother. Raph seems to be the most protective of Mikey. It may be possible that Raph deeply cares about him.
Splinter-Raph's adoptive father. He tends to show a lot of stubbornness towards Splinter's advice, but he still listens to his sensei and trains well under him.
April O' Neil- Raph's first friend. He and April don't interact that much, but he got a little defensive when the Purple Dragons tried to mug her, but also laughed at her when she was attacked by a giant pigeon, but was imprassed that she escaped Karai. He and April are good friends.
Spike - Raphael enjoys spending time with Spike and usually feeds him himself. Raphael's responsibility is found through his caring nature towards Spike.
- Raphael's name is Hebrew, meaning "God has Healed". Given the fact that he was adopted by Hamato Yoshi/Splinter, Raphael's full name would be "Hamato Raphael".
- He is the only turtle to not have an o sound at the end of his name.
- Raphael is the second oldest of his brothers; Leonardo ,Donatello & Michelangelo .
- Raph is the only turtle in this series to have green eyes.
- Raph has a bolt-shaped gap at the upper, left side of his plastron.
- Raphael is often called "meat-head" by Donatello.
- In "Cockroach Terminator", Raph is, (irrationally), revealed to have katsaridaphobia, (fear of cockroaches), and is terrified of Donatello's pet SpyRoach. The origins of his katsaridaphobia has yet to be explored, but apparently Raph was able to keep it quiet, as his brothers all learn of it in "Cockroach Terminator".
- Raphael has a pet turtle named Spike.
- A running gag is that he often likes to attack or hit his brothers whenever he is annoyed or angry with them (especially Michelangelo) or simply to dull boredom.
- Another gag is whenever Raph seems to have been decapitated, at least one of his brothers screams in terror, only to have Raph's head pop out of his shell.
- He is shown to care a lot about his youngest brother Michelangelo as he didn't know what to do anymore when he got hurt. But he also cares about his other brothers as he said: "I don't care risking my own life, but my brothers..."
- It is seen in "The New Girl in Town" Raph gets under so much pressure being the leader for a short time he froze up with anxiety.
- He's the third turtle to use Mikey's catchphrase "Booyakasha!" As seen in New Girl in Town, which is proof not only that he cares about Mikey, but that Mikey has had an influence on him after all.
- Raph's the third tallest/second shortest of the turtles.
- He has extra wraps under his knee pads.
- It is revealed in Parasitica that Raph gets nauseous after seeing body parts from bugs.
|Leonardo • Raphael • Donatello • Michelangelo|
|Splinter • April O'Neil • Kirby O'Neil|
|Foot Clan and Allies|
|Shredder • Dogpound • Xever • Baxter Stockman • Spider Bytez|